Consultant Pool Programme
The goal of the consultant pool programme is to contribute to the professional development of faculty within AISA member schools by reducing the cost of school visits by high calibre consultants.
The specific target group of the consultant programme is the teachers and administrators in international schools across the African continent.
How does it work?
The programme involves several schools teaming up with AISA to jointly select and invite a consultant to visit each participating schools for 2-5 days.
Generally, a consultant would visit at least three (3) different schools located in only one of the following sub-regions:-
- Eastern Africa
- West Africa
- Central and Southern Africa
In exceptional circumstances, AISA will arrange visitations to more than one of the regions above by an individual consultant.
This service is available to Full and Affiliate School members of AISA only, and is designed to assist schools wanting help in a particular managerial or pedagogical area.
In selecting consultants, preference will be given to subject areas related to the AISA curriculum review cycle for the current academic year.
Consultants should have specific expertise in a subject area and could either be:-
- from outside the AISA region; or
- from within the AISA region.
In the past, consultants have been sent to schools wanting assistance in areas such as curriculum development, early childhood training, guidance and testing, ESL, board training, music, and a number of other areas.
How can your school benefit?
For your school to participate in the Consultant Pool Programme:
- It must be an AISA Full or Affiliate school member with current membership;
- AISA pays round-trip airfare for the consultant to each participating school including visas and other costs related to travel;
- The host schools will negotiate and pay professional fees directly to the consultant;
- The host schools pays for all on-site expenses including the consultant’s accommodation, local transport etc;
For consultants living outside Africa:
- Each host school pays AISA US$825 as a participation fee. There should be no less than three schools per consultant (or if fewer schools are involved, the participating schools will be required to jointly pay the equivalent of three schools’ participation fees i.e. $2,475).
For consultants living inside Africa:
- Each host school pays AISA US$500 as a participation fee. There should be no less than three schools per consultant (or if fewer schools are involved, the participating schools will be required to jointly pay the equivalent of three schools’ participation fees i.e. $1500).
For more information on how your school could benefit from the upcoming consultant pool opportunities, contact email@example.com
Calling on Consultants: Become part of the AISA Consultant Pool
Are you a consultant with a training programme that you would like to offer to AISA Schools?
If so, then submit your resume and training programme here for consideration by AISA and its member schools.
Take note that your submission does not imply that you will definitely be included in the consultant pool.