The School Safety & Security Institute is designed specifically for international school personnel with responsibility for the management and supervision and/or having a professional interest in safety, security, emergency preparedness and risk mitigation programs.
Mr. Bruce Mills will share his expertise and experience in developing and managing comprehensive safety, security & emergency preparedness programs from his work with international schools around the world.
KEY AUDIENCE: Security and Facilities Manager/ Directors, Leaders, Board Members.
The aim of this institute is to increase participants knowledge and understanding of the myriad program and leadership responsibilities associated with ensuring a safe and secure school environment and as a result of participating at this institute, you can expect to:
- Know the critical safety, security & emergency preparedness protocols, policies and procedures to develop and implement
- Understand how a comprehensive safety & security environment serves as a foundation for a solid child protection plan
- Use “best practices” discussed in the seminar to utilize within your programs and include critical training & drills
- Positioned to ensure more proactive risk management of your life safety programs and a higher degree of vigilance within your school(s)
Bruce Mills is a Senior Consultant with Clearpath. He has enjoyed a 25-year career with the U.S. Department of State as a Regional Security Officer (RSO) where he worked closely with schools within his region(s) to enhance their emergency preparedness, to share threat information and to provide sound advice and guidance in areas of physical, technical and procedural security. Bruce is a graduate of San Diego State University with a B.S. in Criminal Justice and has been awarded the Certified Protection Professional designation by ASIS International, a leading professional security organization. With Clearpath, Bruce conducts safety & security assessments and investigations at K-12 schools and often provides workshops and speaks at school leadership conferences and security associations all over the world.Register Now
| AISA Member Schools (A/OS Supported)
|| US$ 0.00
| AISA Member Schools (Non-A/OS)
| Non-Member Schools
Cancellation Date: 21st August 2018
Kirawa Road, Off Peponi Road, Kitusuru
Visa and Health
Visitors to Kenya require a visa unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. Exempt countries include all those travelling with a passport from an East African Country. For other exempt countries see the new Kenyan Government eVisa website where you can also apply for an entry visa.
A visa MUST be obtained prior to travel. Visa cost US$51
All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Physical Address: Village Market, Gigiri Nairobi
Phone No: +254 (20) 725 000 | +254 732 186 000
Single Occupancy Rate (Bed & Breakfast):US$ 135
Single Occupancy Rate (Bed Only):US$ 116
Reference: International School of Kenya
Physical Address: Kinanda Road, Off ISK Back Road, Kitisuru, Nairobi.
Phone No: +254 717 533 860 | +254 712 922 098
Single Occupancy Rate (Bed & Breakfast):US$ 100 - 120
Booking: Make your reservation here
- Send the Trademark Hotel your arrival/departure details to arrange for your transfers - Approximately US$ 35 - 60 per way.
- You can book through the transfers company, ProLog Seven by sending an email to Kevin (email@example.com) with your arrival/departure details - US$ 35 - 50 per way.
- Uber is available in Kenya and you can book for your transfers on arrival through the mobile App.
- Registered taxis are also available at the airport.
Hotel – School Transport
The Host School will provide a shuttle to pick participants from the Trademark Hotel in the morning and provide a return trip in the evening. Hob House is a few minutes’ walk to ISK and you can also get a taxi to drop you off.