The institute will be split into a number of sections, with Dale taking you through some of the latest and best practices for teaching.
Here is what you can expect:
Day 1: Fitness board games, musical workouts, brain breaks and energy breaks, gamification throughout the school, dice and card fitness for all sports
Day 2: Team building fitness games, game development and cross-curricular activities, pool and swimming games and activities, mobile apps to get students moving, plus much more
Teachers who attend will not only get this amazing two days experience run by an international speaker, but they will also get a huge resource pack to go home with worth over $300. This will include a number of games, fitness resources, sports board games and lesson plan ideas that will be a huge asset in their teaching practices.
The aim of this institute is for delegates to learn how they can run lessons and activities centred on elements of student’s life that find enjoyable, such as Nintendo, Monopoly even Christmas.
Key learning outcomes:
- Teachers will see an improvement in their student’s perception of participating in physical activity and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Participation will increase, particularly in students who previously may have been reluctant to par-take in physical activity.
- The workshops will provide innovative ways for teachers to use equipment they already have within their classrooms in a fun and modern way and teachers will learn new and exciting ways to engage students through life-size games and activities.
Dale Sidebottom has been referred to as the energiser bunny of the PE world. He is also the owner of ‘Bottoms Up Fitness’ (www.bottomsup.fitness), where he has changed the way fitness is conducted in school settings around the world. Breakappz.com is another of Dales businesses where he has created over 35 mobile applications for teachers (www.breakappz.com). With his love of fitness, energy and passion
With his love of fitness, energy and passion to get students moving, he's excited to share this two-day institute which will give teachers the skills, knowledge and resources that will change the way they teach and get their students active.
Visa and Health
Visitors to Kenya require a visa unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. Exempt countries include all those travelling with a passport from an East African Country. For other exempt countries see the new Kenyan Government eVisa website where you can also apply for an entry visa.
A visa MUST be obtained prior to travel. Visa cost US$51
All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Hotel Name: Jacaranda Hotel
Physical Address: Woodvale Close, Westlands
Phone No: +254 711 089000
Single Occupancy Rate (Bed & Breakfast): US$ 150
Hotel Name: Landmark Suites
Physical Address: Mwanzi Road, Westlands
Phone No: +254 780 474422/ +254 704 826935
Single Occupancy Rate (Bed & Breakfast): US$ 130
Contact either hotel directly and make your booking under the ‘International School Kenya’, mentioning the name of the institute you are attending.
- Send the hotel's reservations department your arrival/departure details to arrange for your transfers - US$ 60 per way.
- You can book through the transfers company, ProLog Seven by sending an email to Kevin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your arrival/departure details - US$ 35 - 50 per way.
- Uber is available in Kenya and you can book for your transfers on arrival through the mobile App.
Hotel – School Transport
The Host School will provide a shuttle to pick participants from both the Jacaranda Hotel and Landmark Suites in the morning and provide a return trip in the evening.