School Exchange Programme
The AISA School Exchange Programme (previously Teacher to Teacher Programme) is a professional development opportunity offered to AISA Full or Affiliate School Members. The objective of the programme is to enable participating schools to collaborate and share expertise.
AISA sponsors the round trip transport costs (air/overland ticket) for a visiting administrator / teacher from one AISA Member School (i.e. Originating School) to another AISA Member School (i.e. Host School).
How can your school participate?
For your school to participate in AISA’s School Exchange Programme:
- Your school must be a Full or Affiliate School Member of AISA;
- The Originating School agrees to send an administrator / teacher to the Host School for the purposes of either (i) providing training and/or sharing expertise with the faculty of the host school; or (ii) gaining expertise and training from faculty of the host school with a view of implementing the newly acquired skills in the originating school as well as cascade the skills to other administrators/teachers;
- An itinerary should be agreed between the originating and host school;
- The Host School and/or Originating School agrees to provide accommodation, daily subsistence, airport transfers and ground transportation to the visiting administrator / teacher;
- The Originating School will seek (if need be) a replacement or substitute person (and meet the costs) to cover the functions of the visiting person;
- The visiting administrator / teacher does NOT charge any professional fees for the visit;
- The visiting administrator / teacher will provide a narrative report (including any photos that can be used for publications and on the website) to AISA on the visit within 14 days of completion of the visit.
If you wish to participate in this programme, first identify the visiting administrator / teacher and ensure that the originating and host schools have agreed to the exchange visit. Either of the schools will then have to formally write to AISA requesting sponsorship through the School Exchange Programme.
For more information on how your school could benefit from the School Exchange Programme, contact firstname.lastname@example.org