Who We Are
Since its inception in 1969, AISA’s key purpose has been to support member schools as they strive to improve the quality of teaching and learning in their schools. This is affirmed by AISA’s mission and core values, our guiding principles that inform who we are and all we do.
Our Mission: AISA is dedicated to transforming student learning by leading and supporting strategic thinking, professional growth and school effectiveness.
Our Identity: AISA is a collaborative learning community of accredited internationally-minded schools in Africa, which provides targeted services and relevant resources, facilitates innovative programmes, and connects people.
Our Core Values:
AISA believes that:
- Being open to differences leads to knowledge and understanding
- All individuals have intrinsic worth
- Nurturing is necessary for growth and change
- Personal fulfillment derives from defining a sense of purpose and making connections through service to others
- A sense of belonging enables people and communities to thrive
- All people want to learn, and people learn differently
- When people work together better outcomes are more likely
- The development of international-mindedness is fundamental to being successful in an interconnected world
The strategic objectives of AISA therefore specify that all AISA services, resources and networks exist:
- To improve student learning
- To develop and implement strategic thinking and planning in member schools
- To increase school effectiveness
- To develop the capacity of all school employees