Who we are
Representing international schools on the continent of Africa, AISA has a membership of schools which range in size from 20 to 3600 students. AISA schools are strongly influenced by their location in Africa and their cosmopolitan student enrollment and teaching staffs who emanate from countries across the globe. Some AISA schools have an American based curriculum, others are British, and still others have an ecclectic mix. All have an international focus.
AISA’s goal is, in collaboration with our Associate Members, to serve the varying needs of nearly 42,000 students and over 2,500 teachers and administrators.
The mission of the Association is to facilitate school effectiveness and to inspire student learning in the international schools of Africa by promoting communication, collaboration, and professional development.
AISA Members Believe
- All individuals have intrinsic worth and deserve an opportunity to learn in a challenging, safe, and nurturing environment
- Optimal student learning is advanced through educational research and its application through effective practice
- International education provides a foundation for global citizenship
- Collaboration and interdependence among individuals and organizations are powerful agents of positive change
- Appropriate use of technology maximizes student learning and school effectiveness
- Enhance the quality of student learning by promoting effective educational practice
- Foster intercultural and international understanding
- Promote an appreciation and understanding of Africa
- Support professional development within member schools
- Collect, analyze, and distribute information to help guide member schools
- Enable close collaboration and networking among its members
- Develop and maintain partnerships with organizations and institutions which complement AISA’s values and mission