Being a member of AISA means that you will have immediate opportunities to strengthen and develop your school team. AISA's professional learning programme is needs-based, challenging and differentiated. AISA is the only professional learning provider in Africa that offers such a diverse programme specifically tailored for leading international schools on the continent. Our learning programme and services are beneficial for those employed across your entire school. Whether being accessed by a head teacher, a middle-school leader, a junior teacher, early year’s teacher, or school support staff, AISA membership is a powerful tool for driving relevant and lasting improvement in your classrooms and board rooms.
AISA is the only professional learning provider in Africa that offers a diverse programme specifically tailored for the leading international schools on the continent.
Full School Membership is available to elementary and/or secondary schools within Africa that demonstrate an international focus and philosophy as reflected by an appropriate aggregation of the following attributes:
• An explicit reference to the promotion of internationalism in its mission
• An international student body
• An international teaching body
• An international curriculum with a breadth of effective best practices
• Achievement of accreditation or authorization by an AISA recognized agency outside the host country.
AISA Recognised Accreditation Agencies:
|Advancing Excellence in Education Worldwide (AdvancED)|
|Council of International Schools (CIS)|
|CfBT Education Trust|
|Authorised International Baccalaureate World School (at least two IB programmes required)|
|Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)|
|New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)|
|Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Council of British International Schools (COBIS)|
|Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) (Accreditation provided by the Independent Quality and Assurance Agency (IQAA). Accreditation must include the optional 'Governance and Management' section to be eligible for Full Member status with AISA)|
Member Application Process
- Complete the School Member Inquiry Form. This will provide an indication of your eligibility for membership.
- Should you meet the AISA membership criteria (see above) you will be invited to submit a full online application form.
- AISA will invoice you for the non-refundable US$150 application fee. Please note that your full application will not be processed until the fee has been submitted.
- Applications will be processed on a monthly basis by the Membership Committee of the AISA Board.
- If successful, you are required to pay your annual membership fee within 3 months to active your membership. Click here to find out more information about Membership Fees.
- Note that AISA does not offer partial or prorated annual subscriptions. Payment of the annual membership dues is for the entire membership year from July 1st – to June 30th.