Becoming an Affiliate Member of AISA is ideal for your school if you are on your way to accreditation and want to start accessing the benefits of AISA membership today. Your AISA membership will also assist your school in attaining accreditation by ensuring that your educators have access to a high quality professional learning programme. The team at AISA will also provide access to advice or consulting services where needed.
AISA Affiliate Members receive most of the benefits of full members excepting:
- Voting rights – Affiliate members cannot attend the AISA Annual Members Meeting
- Applications to AISA Scholarships and Awards are limited to Full Member Schools
Your AISA Affiliate Membership will also assist your school in attaining accreditation by ensuring that your educators have access to our high quality professional learning programme
Affiliate Membership is available to elementary and/or secondary schools within Africa that demonstrate an international focus and philosophy as reflected by an appropriate aggregation of the following attributes:
- An explicit reference to the promotion of internationalism in its mission
- An international student body
- An international teaching body
- An international curriculum with a breadth of effective best practices
Schools applying for Affiliate Membership must be able to demonstrate that they are in the process of accreditation. AISA expects all Affiliate Members to make progress towards accreditation within 5 years of joining. Normally, schools can only retain their Affiliate membership with AISA for 5 years. Once accreditation is achieved the school will move to Full Membership.
AISA Recognised Accreditation Agencies
Currently, AISA recognises Accreditation/Authorization from the following agencies:
|Advancing Excellence in Education Worldwide (AdvancED)|
|Council of International Schools (CIS)|
|CfBT Education Trust|
|Authorised International Baccalaureate World School (at least two IB programmes required)|
|Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)|
|New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)|
|Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Council of British International Schools (COBIS)|
|Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) (Accreditation provided by the Independent Quality and Assurance Agency (IQAA). Accreditation must include the optional 'Governance and Management' section to be eligible for Full Member status with AISA)|
Member Application Process
- Complete the School Member Inquiry Form. This will provide an indication of your eligibility for membership.
- Should you meet the AISA membership criteria (see above) you will be invited to submit a full online application form.
- AISA will invoice you for the non-refundable US$150 application fee. Please note that your full application will not be processed until the fee has been submitted.
- Applications will be processed on a monthly basis by the Membership Committee of the AISA Board.
- If successful, you are required to pay your annual membership fee within 3 months to active your membership. Click here to find out more information about Membership Fees.
- Note that AISA does not offer partial or prorated annual subscriptions. Payment of the annual membership dues is for the entire membership year from July 1st – to June 30th.