Why Become A Member Of AISA?
Membership with AISA is open to elementary and secondary schools in Africa which offer an educational programme using English as the primary language of instruction and offer an international curriculum to suit the needs of its culturally diverse student body.
- AISA is the peak association for educational leaders and teachers in Africa
- AISA has a long history, being founded in 1969
- More than 3,000 teachers and school leaders are part of the AISA community
- AISA members are located in 34 countries
- The annual AISA conferences and institutes are a great way to connect with hundreds of delegates from across the continent and hear from world class speakers on wide ranging topics
- AISA shapes its Professional Learning offerings to the needs of its members as expressed through our annual survey
- AISA Institutes are available in your region, cutting the cost of travel and making learning opportunities more accessible
Being a member of AISA means that you have immediate opportunities to strengthen your skills and capacities whether you are a school director, a middle school manager, a class teacher, early years educator, or provide administration support.
AISA membership seeks to foster mutual support and engagement across the AISA community and is a powerful tool for driving teacher and school improvement.
Make Your Membership Work For You!
Membership with AISA gives you:
- Access to subsidised AISA professional learning events (conferences and institutes) only open for AISA members
- Conference fee waiver for a learning event for each school AISA Rep
- AISA publications; Connexions and the in-house AISA newsletter
- Member networking through our online communities portal
- Scholarship and award opportunities for teachers
- Student award and scholarship opportunities
- Connexions with AISA Associate Members, organisations and businesses providing discount offers to AISA member schools
- Access to a range of AISA subsidised services such as the Visiting Author Programme or the School Exchange Programme
- Leadership opportunities on AISA Working Groups
- The opportunity for your school and students to attend the annual AISA-Global Issues Service Summit (AISA-GISS), a calendar highlight for member schools
- Voting rights (full members only) at the annual AISA Board meeting
- The school head of Full Member Schools also have the opportunity to stand for election on the AISA Board of Directors
- The right to attach the AISA logo to your school web site and other marketing publications
- Your school will be published in AISA’s Annual Member Directory